Dear Pujari Members,
Pujari will hold its Annual General Body Meeting on Nov 10th 2018.
Venue: Spruill Oaks Library
9560 Spruill Rd,
Johns Creek, GA 30022
Sitting and Socializing starts at 3:15 PM
Meeting will start at 3:45 PM and end at 5:45 PM
- Finalizing the Saraswati Puja, Baisakhi, Durga Puja and Laxmi Puja dates.
- Setting the annual membership fee.
- Will the Sports and Games be limited to Pujari members only or open to all?
- Shall Website maintenance be the part of Board activities and should we have permanent webmasters?
- Outgoing President’s presentation and Q&A
- CFO’s Presentation on Financials
- New EC introduction.
- New board member election.
As per By-Laws of Pujari, Pujari is seeking nominations from the members who are willing to serve in the board for 3 years. In the Annual General Body Meeting current Board will hold an election for one position in the Board, whose term will begin on Jan 1st, 2019 and end on Dec 31st 2021. If only one nomination is received, there will be no election, but if more than one nominations are received there will be an election in the Annual General Body Meeting on Nov 10th, 2018 via confidential ballot.
Here are the guidelines for nominations:
- Candidate must be willing to serve in the board for 3 years
- Both the Candidate and the nominator must be Pujari members in good standing
- Both the Candidate and the nominator must be present in person in the Annual General Body Meeting
- Candidate must be a Pujari member for at least 3 years
Additional recommended criteria for the Candidate:
- Experience diversity is preferred
- Served in Pujari executive committee in key role for at least 2 years
In the event of election takes place the Candidate who will secure a majority vote in the General Body Meeting will be elected in the board.
We are enclosing an application form which should be filled by the nominee & sent to the Chairman of the Board, Kallol Nandi at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM EST, Nov 5th, 2018.
If the Board position remains vacant because either there is no nominee, or candidature becomes invalidated due to any technical reason or does not meet the mandatory criteria, or candidate withdraw his/her candidature, then the current Pujari Board will select a future board member to serve the term.